February is the month of all things love— whether it be family love, romantic love, self-love etc. Many times people hold any emotions regarding love in their 4th chakra, their heart chakra. It’s located at the center of the chest and it’s known as the bridge between the lower 3 chakras (physical) and the upper 3 chakras (spiritual). It acts as the individual’s center of compassion, empathy, love, and forgiveness.
A person with an underactive heart chakra can be: antisocial, withdrawn, judgmental, intolerant, lonely, fear intimacy, fear relationships, lack empathy, or be a narcissist. Symptoms of an overactive heart chakra include; codependency, poor boundaries, clinginess, jealousy, and overly sacrificing. People with overactive heart chakra need to slow down and discover self love. Those with an underactive heart must open themselves up to receive love fully.
So now that I’ve totally depressed you, let’s talk about tuning up that love wheel!
Of course you can schedule a session with your favorite reiki practitioner, crystal healer, sound healer or the energy worker of your choice. However, there are some things you can do at home to stimulate your heart chakra. I typically use my intuition to choose what I need for my mini chakra session, then, I adjust it based on if I feel my chakra is over or underactive. Here are a few suggestions:
- Repeat Positive Affirmations, love mantras or mediate (ie “My heart is open to love.” “I am wanted and loved.” “I forgive myself and others .”)
- Wear the color green for underactive or pink for overactive. The heart chakra is represented by two colors because the heart both gives and receives love to and from us. Pink deals with inner love issues, inner child, self-love, trust, peace, while green is love flowing outwards to other people and places.
- Place crystals associated with love vibrations, on your body, in your home or workplace (ie rose quartz for overactive, jade & emerald for underactive).
- The element of the heart chakra is air, so breath work is also a powerful practice. Simply take a few deep breaths and you’ll bring peace and calm into the heart and remove stuck or negative energy.
- Play music - The heart Chakra is connected to the key of F. (I’m totally digging the Kygo and Whitney Houston version of Higher Love right now.) Check out this site to find your own favorite song in the key of F: Songs in key F. I also often search my favorite music site for “heart chakra healing music” and play it as I sleep.
- Engage in activities that spark passion, love and joy. If it makes you smile, do it.
- Burn incense or diffuse essential oils (ie Rose, Ylang Ylang, Bergamot).
- Add plants into your home, workspace and get outside into nature.
- Eat healthy green food such as broccoli, cucumbers, green apples, and leafy greens.
- Practice Yoga Poses to open the heart (ie cobra pose, fish pose and locust pose).
When your heart chakra is balanced/open you’ll feel an abundance of empathy, compassion, and love. A balanced heart chakra allows people to be their true selves. Now go out there, get your energy in check and just be LOVE this February. 💕